Praying for someones health.

It was mentioned that only if you tell someone that you are praying for them to improve their health does it work if they do not know you are praying for them it has no effect. This of course relates to the magical self healing placebo effect. What are your thoughts on this?I agree that this must be true. The power of the mind is incredibly strong. It must also be worth making the effort more to get well when one knows that someone else cares so much that they are praying for them. :) (Purple)

Hi Purple. I agree completely. Please see my other post on 'Tips on Happiness' which relates the power of your mind and attitude. (Dave T)

Hope this is interesting and not too disconnected. I am religious (a - shaky - Christian!) and up until now I have found a quite moving way of praying is to imagine God actually giving the person a hug. Not wanting to 'fix' or powerfully reverse anything but just for him to show love and to make someone know they are special and strong. That image j ust developed without particular forcing and it comes back quite easily now. I have recently been reading a book that suggests that in praying the best thing you can do is not dwell on a deficiency or lack, and get sad or despairing about it, but to really imagine the best of the person this prayed-for one can be, concentrating on what they do have or what you want them to have. Of course, my realisation was that this should also work for the self as well. If we see someone we have never met, that we don't know anything about, I don't think we usually consider they 'lack' anything even though they probably think that of themselves and are full of insecurities. (Kitbit)

[b:f0bf8b1a85]QUOTE: "If we see someone we have never met, that we don't know anything about, I don't think we usually consider they 'lack' anything even though they probably think that of themselves and are full of insecurities."[/b:f0bf8b1a85] Too true! :) (Purple)

mmm this is interesting and rather topical. A Little history first - I was baptised C of E, brought up Baptist and married a Catholic. I went to Sunday school etc etc. Its only after I had 2 very poorly children and whilst I was in intensive care watching other little ones leave this world that I gave up on my religion and praying for anything. However my youngest attends a Baptist pre school and the other day she said to me "If I pray for someone how will they know and should I tell them" Having walked away from traditional religion I was unable to answer. But I have recently been interested in the Shamanic path and therefore believe that positive and negative energy connects us all. So I replied that the person who she was praying for would feel her positive thoughts. She didnt reply and I thought that was the end of the matter. Today she said that she told her pre school teacher that she had prayed for her because she hadnt felt well and she said "Mummy I think it is better to tell people when we pray for them because they get better quicker" So there u r the wisdom of a 3 year old ! Like a sage !!! :lol: (Sunbeam)

[Back]

hyphdr.png

Hypnosis CDs    New Age Music CDs    Nature CDs    Health/Laugh CDs     WellBeing Forum