Cranberries and teeth

I am sure most of you are aware of the health benefits of cranberries for urinary tract infections and many other conditions but did you know it can also help prevent plaque build up, however there is a catch. Most people don't buy cranberries in their fruit form, Like many others I buy it as a juice which has less of the good active ingreditient and where there is a lot of sugar is added which you guessed it produces more plaque.Interesting Charles! My 15 yr old has had a lot of troubles with UTI's and taken cranberry in many forms but will not eat them fresh in their natural form as she cannot bear the taste! (Purple)

What do fresh cranberries taste of? (charles vald)

Bit bitter for my liking! Ewww! (Purple)

So that's why they always mix it with other fruit or sugar. Some of the other berries have the same goodies in them, alas I don't remember which ones and in what quantities. (charles vald)

adding sugar to 'healthy' or medicated food seems daft ! all these little bio yog pots they are promoting now are all loaded with sugar too. Bit counter productive if you're taking it for candida ! isn't dental plaque associated with increased heart risk? - Katya (blue-kat)

I was wondering about getting 'Cranberry complex' from Nature's Best. it's mixture of cranberry powder and FOS.(details below) any thoughts on this? thanks - Katya from [url]http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=553[/url] the blurb says: "Several studies have shown cranberries to be an effective natural herbal remedy for cystitis or urinary tract infections (UTIs) caused by bacteria, which adhere to the lining of the bladder. Evidence suggests that certain constituents in cranberries can interfere with this process, thereby helping the body to fight off infection and also reducing the likelihood of an infection recurring. The therapeutic potential of cranberry in the long term management and prevention of UTIs is substantial and offers sufferers a real, safe alternative to the prospect of antibiotics. Commercial cranberry drinks are laden with sugar to hide the sharp taste, and are therefore high in calories. Cranberry capsules are available but may not contain anywhere near the levels found in a straight powdered product. Our Cranberry Complex is a sugar free powder concentrate produced from mature cranberries, mixed with a complex carbohydrate called Fructo-oligosaccharide (FOS), extracted from chicory root. FOS acts as a prebiotic which means it encourages the growth of friendly bacteria which help to suppress the pathogenic, troublesome bacteria. This is a pleaseant, easily dissolving product. Recommended daily intake: 5-10 grams (1-2 teaspoons)" Product Specifications Per 5 grams: Vitamin C 60mg Cranberry Powder 2.5 grams Fructo-Oligosaccharides 2.5 grams (blue-kat)

[Back]

hyphdr.png

Hypnosis CDs    New Age Music CDs    Nature CDs    Health/Laugh CDs     WellBeing Forum